Day 82, Thursday, March 26th
When God called me to do a 90 Day Faith Journey, I was like, “Okay, that’s cool.” When He called me to write a devotional every single one of those 90 Days, I was taken back for a moment with fear. How could I possibly do that? Sure I have had many tell me that I should write a book. However, I just never really thought it was ever going to be true…
I am now writing my 82nd piece… wow God! It has been an amazing experience for me. At times I have looked at a blank page for hours wondering what I should say. Other times I have sat down with so much on my heart, I wondered how I would possibly share with only two to three pages. Only 8 days left. Seriously, you have no idea what a huge miracle this is. I would lie if I said that I did everything in my challenge. However, I have done a lot of it. Writing the devotionals, spending time studying God’s Word like I never have before. I have learned so much about myself. I have gained revelation why I have spent my whole life fighting against battles I never seemed to win for long. I have gained tools to help me to continue to grow in my relationship with God and how to keep Satan at bay. This is the first winter that I have not struggled with seasonal depression. Even with the temperatures hovering around zero degrees, my heart has been in a season of spring. Everything is new and exciting.
I pray that with these tools I am learning that I will remain faithful to them because I want to be a tree that is planted by the water. I want my roots to dig deep into God’s living water. I don’t want to ever fear when life sends me heat or seasons of drought. I want my leaves to remain green and I want to always produce God’s fruit. I do not want to just be a hearer of the Word but I want to live out what the Word says. I want to dwell in the presence of the Lord and walk where He leads. This above anything else is my desire. I want to be closer to my Jesus. I want to know His heart. I want to remain in Him. It has been quite the journey already! This 90 Day Faith Walk has truly deepened my faith.
Here are some of the highlights that I hold close to my heart:
1. It is important to be honest with God exactly where I am at. As I am honest with God, I also need to memorize scripture and stand on His Word of truth to combat my feelings that often lie to me. God adores me. I need to stop telling Him that I am unworthy of love or that I am unlovable.
2. I need to trust in God’s protection. Even when bad things happen and life throws me an ugly curveball, I do not need to fear, He truly is with me and I need to stop trying to control everything because of fear. God has it all under control.
3. Storms are going to come. I need to keep the two Gospel stories about storms in mind. Sometimes Jesus will wake up and calm my storm. Sometimes Jesus will call me out into the water while the storm continues to rage. Either way, He is there with me every step of the way. Again, I have nothing to fear. Even when it seems like my worst nightmare is happening; my heart can rest in Him.
4. Forgiving those who have hurt me or stolen something precious from me is very difficult indeed. Forgiving someone who continues to hurt me day after day, it seems impossible for me to forgive. God is faithful to help me forgive my enemies. God is faithful to help me to forgive those that I love that hurt me over and over again. When I forgive it frees my heart from bitterness.
5. Insecurity will probably be something I need to fight forever. This was my most eye-opening week for me. I found that I find myself when I am at Jesus’ feet. Spending time in worship and basking in His presence is where I will find who I am.
6. I came to the conclusion that I feel the most weary when I am feeling unloved, when I am dealing with fear, when I am caught in a storm, when I am dealing with bitterness, and when I am not spending time with my Savior. To battle feeling weary, I need to continue to soak myself in God’s Word, spend time at Jesus’ feet, and most importantly, not allow myself to become so busy that it snuffs out my time with God. Winter makes me weary. I hate the cold. I hate the dreary. However, following these truths made my winter not unbearable! Thank You, Jesus!
7. God is giving me the desire to love others simply because that is what He has called me to do. I don’t love others to get love back. I don’t love others to save them from themselves. I don’t love others even to bring them to Christ. If I simply love them because that is what I am called to do, He will handle the rest. Boy, does that ever drop a heavy weight of ministry that I have carried for so long!
8. I am able to be joyful in every season, in every circumstance, and in every situation because Jesus has saved me from hell. My road has been difficult, it may be difficult again (and I am sure it will be) but He gives me joy and there is nothing in the world that can take it away from me.
9. Patience is a very difficult fruit to grow. However, I have found that all patience is, is a deep dependence and trust in God. Impatience comes when I want to control of things I can’t be controlled something that I feel I should be able to. Surrendering to God and allowing Him to have control will help my patience to grow.
10. For the first time I really looked at what faithfulness means. It means to be full of faith. Believing who Jesus is. When Jesus says, ‘ye of little faith,’ it is because He could see the hearts of the people and they did not believe in Him. God is faithful to us. It is impossible to be faithful to Him if I am not walking in a way that continually strengthens my faith in Him.
11. Looking at the lessons from the garden was a good eye-opener to how I am still letting Satan tempt me with fruit that I shouldn’t eat. It also gave me great tools on how to win in the area of self-control. I need to trust God’s provision for me. I need to delight in the Lord more than anything else. I need to not envy what I don’t have. I need to walk out my faith walk with those who will surround me with truth and love and help me on this road. As with the first point, I need to remain honest with where I am at. I may not be where I want to be, but the truth is I am so far from where I use to be. I need to make sure that I do not blame others or let how others treat me be the reason I react poorly.
Starting tomorrow we will be looking at the Power of the Cross. I have asked the ladies in my True Beauty group to give a short testimony to share God’s power. Some will be sharing a deep pain that only God could have healed. Some will be sharing how this 90 Day study has helped them in their life. Some will be sharing a powerful moment that only God could have done. I pray that you are encouraged by their testimonies.
Verse of the Week
Trust in the LORD and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it. Psalm 37:3-5
Drink at least 40oz of water today
1 min Plank
Clean, declutter, and organize your attic or any other storage areas this week
This week I want you to be in prayer in your own personal journey. What do you need to allow the Holy Spirit to change in you so that you are a healthier person for the Lord?
Read three separate times: Ephesians 5:1-20
After the first time reading, answer: what word or phrase sticks out to you?
After the second time, dig deep and answer: Focus on verse 13 – what does it mean to you?
After the third time, answer: How does this scripture encourage you to change?
Worship for the Week:
Knees to the Earth – Passion (Watermark)
Here’s My Heart – Passion (David Crowder)
Take My Life – Passion (Chris Tomlin)
Take All of Me – Hillsong
Closer – Bethel Music
My Delight is in You – Passion (Chris Tomlin)